The right time to have your heating system inspected to ensure its state of readiness for winter is before the heating season gets underway. In fact, with annual preventative maintenance, you’ll get a lot more mileage from your furnace, and save bunches of money on your utility costs.
Still, even with ongoing maintenance, the older your system gets, the more likely it is to exhibit signs of needing repair. Over the years, these are the symptoms our customers are most likely to call and report:
- Heating costs that are through the roof
- Uneven temperatures from room to room
- The system frequently cycles on and off
- You need to raise the thermostat higher and higher just to stay warm and comfortable
- Your furnace making strange, loud noises that are hard to ignore
- You or other members of your family are getting sick more often, a possible clue to low-level carbon monoxide emissions
What do these heating system warning signs have in common? Two things:
- They’re signs of an aging system, one likely to be at least 10 years old.
- They indicate the need for immediate professional attention to figure out what’s going on and take the appropriate action, whatever that might be.
At GBT Heating & Cooling, we tell it like it is. Maybe, for example, your system just needs a replacement filter. You’d be amazed at how much trouble a clogged, dirty filter can cause. And that’s a simple, very affordable fix.
On the other hand, something more serious be causing your furnace to act up. If, in our opinion, it makes sense to repair it because otherwise it appears to be in good shape, we’ll so advise you. Conversely, if we think it makes more sense to replace your system for your family’s improved comfort, safety, and energy savings, that will be our recommendation.
Whatever the outcome and your ultimate decision, don’t wait any longer than necessary before reporting a heating system problem to us. Because whatever might be going on, it can only get worse.
Or, if your system is running just fine and you want it to keep it that way, contact GBT Heating & Cooling today for our furnace cleaning and inspection service. It’s the best way going to ensure trouble-free performance, all winter long.